Text “BRIGHTER” to 741741
Crisis Text Line
- What is the Crisis Text Line?
- Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
- Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support via a medium people already use and trust: text.
- How Does It Work?
- When someone is in crisis, they can text “BRIGHTER” to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor who will help them move from a hot moment to cool and calm.
- Who are Crisis Counselors?
- They are trained volunteers who—with the support of full-time Crisis Text Line staff—use active listening, collaborative problem solving, and safety planning to help texters in their moment of crisis.
- Website: www.crisistextline.org
- Text “BRIGHTER” to 741741